Saturday, August 8, 2009

Challenge 9 Results-Semi Finals!

Wow, we're already at the semi finals? Time flies when you're having fun!
Welcome, to Project GirlSense; the semi-finals.
I can't tell you how hard this is going to be this week...but even worse next week.
Three designers will be chosen to go into the finals, but only one will be crowned PGS Fashionista Queen. Before we even start, I just want to make a little note here. If you four have made it this far, you all need to know that you've done amazing throughout this whole competition. Whoever unfortunately leaves today needs to know that it was an extremely hard decision and I had to think it over for a while, but I felt that in the end, all four of you gals have really done just unbelievably well. Please keep that in mind, however harsh the judges' and my self's criticism is. Also, remember how I said that there were a couple of surprises I had in store for you all? I wasn't lying. The first surprise will be revealed today after the critiques, and the second surprise is one I'm sure you all will love, and it will include every single person who turned in an entry for challenge one. I think it's a surprise you all will remember and love. ;) Not only do I have a surprise, but I have a gift to give to each of the finalists TODAY.
But no more delays; let's get started.
WAIT! Hang on, I need to point something out...I'm listening to AOL radio...and the Backstreet Boys released a new song?!?!? DON'T THEY ALREADY KNOW THEIR CAREER IS DEAD??? Okay, okay, sorry...let's get going.
This week, the girls were challenged to create the most out of this world outfit that would reflect the vibe given off in Alice in Wonderland. Let's see how they did.
Katy: Pft, are you serious? Like, really, come on now. This is just.....FJASEOIJRAPOEWIJR. Woah now, Moose...take a chill pill. ahaa xD. Okay, let's just be as quick as possible and say how just BRILLIANT this is. Most definitely AiW!! Heres what one judge said: "Katy’s creativity amazes me. Wow! If the movie was altered in my favor, I would definitely add this outfit to a main character. So wacky and goofy, yet so neat and eye-catching. She took advantage of the rarely used decos and made them add sooo much to the outfit." Definitely agreed! I can't find much criticism other than the top hangs off the model on the right side, and cutting it to fit would've been a little better. But I only had to say that because each outfit needs at least one little critique haha ;) But really, you just BLEW us away this week. The rest of you gals...you better watch out because Katy has arrived! ;)




























Mall: This, in my personal opinion, is my favorite outfit you've ever created. However, just because it is my favorite outfit that you've created, it doesn't necessarily mean that it fit the criteria very well. I LOVE the outfit, and I don't need to say more than WOW to tell you how beautiful it is! One judge said "I really really love it, but it's a teensy weensy bit too pretty for AiW...seriously though just a little. It's very well done, I ADORE the different colored eyes and the shoes are incredible." I definitely agree. It's just OUTSTANDING, like wowwww beautifultastic amazing, you know? xD Honestly, the tiny details that you did just put the whole outfit together and it was GRAND. Agreeing with the judge above, it was too formal, almost, for AiW. I hate to compare contestants, because that's just a little mean, but I just want to let you know what area you need to work at. If you look at Katy's outfit, you can see she went all out on it, but I feel like you were holding back on this outfit. It's almost like you were scared to show us how brilliant you really are! Like, I WANT to give you a perfect score, and I'm sure the other judges did too, but it didn't fit the criteria as much as we wanted. This challenge was what we wanted you, the most, to take to your advantage. We really wanted you to just be so completely spazzy on the outfit, but it felt too perfect. If the challenge was make the prettiest outfit, this would've won by far; but that wasn't the challenge. Again, however, I just love this and I think you did fabulous. It's just a matter of getting out of your comfort zone.


Chloe: To be honest, one judge completely summed up what I felt about this: "Gorgeous colors. Gorgeous creation, except, NOT Alice in Wonderland at all. It was more on the elegant side, not crazy. I feel that week after week, you keep playing it safe. To date, I have not seen you go beyond your comfort zone, and this challenge was all about that." This IS very pretty...the colors are just beautiful and the designs are cute. But most definitely not what you would see in AiW. We were expecting so much more from you! It was too safe, and a little disco for a challenge like this. In AiW, you'd see like, feathers flying from this outfit if it was in the movie. Does that make sense? Each week, we keep asking you to do MORE and go above and beyond (let me say, last week, VERY pretty, and as much effort as it took, it didn't show us what you were capable of). Overall, cute and spunky, but not OUT THERE. This challenge was a chance for you to show us how CRAZY you can get. If you make it to the finals, I really hope that you go above and beyond! ;)
















Ange: Aw, Ange, you took my advice and used the stencils! And you know what, it looks FAB! Alright, let's start with the outfit as a whole. When I first saw it, (another judge agrees with this as well) I thought of FAIRIES instead of AiW. Nothing about the outfit really screams AiW. It is, however, very funky. When you think of AiW, you don't exactly think of humans, do you? I mean sure, the queen of hearts is human, but her ATTIRE isn't human. This outfit really made me feel like you were leaning to the funky human, rather than the weird AiW characters. Overall, it was VERY cute...the leaves on the bottom were funky, the colors were adorable, and the socks, like always, are aawwwwwsooommeee. I think the main issue here was going even further with the craziness. However, this IS very cute.















Before we get to the results, I have a small surprise that I promised.
I knew that for some of you gals, this challenge would be difficult to really go crazy and bring out your true craziness.
I tried to participate in this challenge myself, and created my own Alice in Wonderland outfit.
Here it is:


http://www.girlsense.com/premium/outfits/outfit/985422


That's what I had in mind for Alice in Wonderland, but hey, we all have different interpretations!

Now, to the results.
Please note that there are no prizes for winning this week.

The first person who had admission to the finals is....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
KATY! Congrats! :D
.
.
.
The next person who will be in the finals of Season 1 of Project GirlSense is....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
MALL! Congrats, gal! You've worked hard this season! :D
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Which means, we are left with Chloe and Ange. Chloe, who has most definitely worked hard this season to be here, and Ange, who has brought it up a step each week.
Who will stay.....
and Who will go?

We'll find out....
right after the break.
aha JK. I remember when BB did that in GUPS. xD
No, for real...let's find out...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ange, each week someone goes....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and this week is not your week.
You're safe and have gained admission into the finals.
Chloe, you were an extraordinary participant in PGS, and I really hope you continue to pursue the online fashion world! (does that make sense? xD) It is sooo terribly sad to see you have to leave us this week, but please make sure to sign up for PGS season 2!
For the rest of you gals, head over to the PGS forum for your final challenge!
Adios, until next week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats to the winners! Sorry Chloe, you were such a great contestant! Just remember, you have worked so far and it is such a wonderful accomplishment that you made it all the way to the semifinals!

    ReplyDelete